LOW PROFILE WITH PREMIUM CUSHIONING
Designed with insights from a skateboarding legend, the Nike SB Stefan Janoski Max Men's Shoe provides excellent impact protection and a natural ride with a Max Air unit under the heel and deep flex grooves.
- Breathable synthetic upper for durability and ventilation
- One-piece booty construction for low-profile comfort
- Lightweight Phylon midsole and Max Air unit under the heel for superb cushioning
- EVA foam sockliner for additional cushioning
- Deep vertical and horizontal flex grooves for natural range of motion
- Solid rubber pods with herringbone traction pattern for boardfeel
Nike Air Max Origins
Nike's revolutionary Air-Sole unit made its way into Nike footwear in the late '70s. In 1987, the Nike Air Max 1 debuted with visible air in its heel, allowing fans more than just the feel of Air-Sole comfort-suddenly they could see it. Since then, next-generation Nike Air Max shoes have become a hit with athletes and collectors by offering striking color combinations and reliable, lightweight cushioning.
Nike AirMore than 30 years ago, a revolutionary idea raised the standards in sneaker comfort: Use the lightest cushioning material there is—air. Nike Air units work by trapping air molecules inside a durable urethane shell. With each footstrike, the air unit compresses to reduce the force of impact, then immediately recovers its shape to be ready for the next landing. Nike Air units are built to last, so the cushioning properties hold steady for the life of the shoe.
Max AirPart of the Nike Air family, Max Air was designed to provide maximum impact protection during repetitive landings. Shoes with Max Air feature less midsole material and larger-volume airbags for lighter weight and maximum cushioning you can see.