Nike Pendleton Destroyer (USA)
PREMIUM STYLE WITH PATRIOTIC PRIDE
The Nike Pendleton Destroyer (USA) Men's Jacket features a patriotic tribute in elaborate embroidery. Leather sleeves and striped trim offer a classic varsity look and heavyweight comfort.
- Rib collar, cuffs and hem for a snug, comfortable fit
- Leather sleeves for classic style and a premium fit
- Zip front with snap storm flap for extra weather protection
- Soft interior panel with 3-D structure for zoned warmth
- Bonded pocket at left chest for secure, specialized storage
- Embroidered details at chest, sleeves and back for bold style and national pride
- Side slit pockets for storage and hand warmth
- Fabric: Body: 65% wool/35% polyester. Sleeves: 100% cow leather. Lining/fill: 100% polyester.
- Do not wash
Back in 2006, Nike designers began a mission to re-craft iconic sports apparel in the most technical materials they could find. The ubiquitous American varsity jacket was an obvious choice for the experiment that would become Nike Sportswear. Raiding the All Conditions Gear (ACG) innovation cache, they found fabrics, laminates, and bonding methods that could brave nasty weather but still look fresh.
The first Nike letterman jacket was for an imaginary team called the Dunk High Destroyers, and limited numbers were produced. The next version got even more technical, but the Destroyer name stuck.