FLEXIBILITY FOR ANY RUNNER
The Nike Free Run+ 3 Men's Running Shoe offers a barefoot-like ride with the cushioning, traction and underfoot protection of a traditional shoe. Its low-profile midsole doubles as an outsole, dramatically reducing overall weight.
- Lightweight upper with seamless overlays for a supportive, skin-like fit
- Molded sockliner mimics the foot's curvature for added support and comfort
- Dynamic Fit system has soft material that wraps the midfoot and arch to tailor the shoe perfectly to your foot
- Diagonal cuts through the arch ear for flexibility and increased foot strength
- Flex grooves along the length and width of the outsole for enhanced flexibility and a stable, more natural stride
Nike Free Origins
After learning that Stanford athletes had been training barefoot on the university's golf course, three of Nike's most innovative and creative employees set out to develop a shoe that felt natural and weightless, similar to bare feet. In 2002, they examined a group of men and women with pressure-measuring insoles taped to their feet, using high-speed cameras to capture images of each foot in motion.
The team spent eight years studying the biomechanics of shoeless running. The results yielded a profound understanding of the foot's natural landing angle, pressure and toe position, allowing Nike designers to build an unconventional and flexible running shoe from the inside out.
- Reflective Swoosh design trademark for enhanced visibility in low light
- Waffle outsole pistons to help absorb impact and add responsiveness
- Abrasion-resistant carbon rubber under high-wear areas for enhanced durability
- Nike+ ready
- Weight: 9.3 ounces grams (men's size 10)
What You Should Know About Nike FreeNike Frees are different than traditional athletic shoes. They’re designed to let your feet move more freely and naturally, which means your muscles will be doing a bit more work than demanded of them in some other athletic shoes. Nike encourages you to get used to them gradually for a safer, more effective and more enjoyable experience. Please visit http://www.nike.com/nikefree for more information on how to get the best from your Nike Free shoes.
Nike+ makes it easy to track your runs. Measure your time, distance, pace, calories burned and more using the Nike+ Running app (available for iPhone ® mobile digital device and Android), the Nike+ SportWatch GPS powered by TomTom®, Nike+ SportBand or the latest generations of iPod nano ® mobile digital devices. When you join Nike+, the world’s largest running club, you can see your progress, join challenges, set goals, map your routes and connect with friends. Learn more