MAXIMUM CUSHIONING, LEGENDARY STYLE
The Nike Air Max 90 Premium EM Men's Shoe offers breathable comfort with engineered mesh and features the same cushioning that's made Nike Air Max designs famous. Extra eyestays deliver a customized lacing look and a locked-down fit.
- Leather and mesh upper with strategically placed overlays for durability and support
- Full-length polyurethane midsole with Air-Sole unit in heel for exceptional cushioning
- Waffle outsole for superior traction
- Additional eyestays for customized lacing and a locked-down fit
- Rolled edges for a cleaner, more streamlined look and finer detailing
- Flex grooves mirror the foot gait to match natural motion
Nike Air Max Origins
Nike's revolutionary Air-Sole unit made its way into Nike footwear in the late '70s. In 1987, the Nike Air Max debuted with visible air in its heel, allowing fans more than just the feel of Air-Sole comfort-suddenly they could see it. And just a few years later, the next-generation Nike Air Max 90 became a hit with both athletes and collectors by offering striking color combinations, lightweight performance and a cushioned ride.
Nike AirMore than 30 years ago, a revolutionary idea raised the standards in sneaker comfort: Use the lightest cushioning material there is—air. Nike Air units work by trapping air molecules inside a durable urethane shell. With each footstrike, the air unit compresses to reduce the force of impact, then immediately recovers its shape to be ready for the next landing. Nike Air units are built to last, so the cushioning properties hold steady for the life of the shoe.
Max AirPart of the Nike Air family, Max Air was designed to provide maximum impact protection during repetitive landings. Shoes with Max Air feature less midsole material and larger-volume airbags for lighter weight and maximum cushioning you can see.