Nike Free TR Fit 4 Breathe
Women's Training Shoe
GREAT BREATHABILITY AND LIGHTWEIGHT SUPPORT
The Nike Free TR Fit 4 Breathe Women's Training Shoe is designed for high-impact workouts with breathable engineered mesh and Nike Flywire cables that deliver lightweight support. The Nike Free 5.0 midsole offers training-specific flexibility and traction.
- Breathable, engineered mesh upper with lightweight synthetic backing for ventilation and key support
- Flywire technology for dynamic lightweight support and lockdown in the forefoot
- Inner sleeve wraps the heel for a supportive fit and feel
- Nike Free midsole for lightweight, durable cushioning and flexibility
- Strategically placed rubber pods in the heel and forefoot for durability on a variety of surfaces
Nike Free Origins
After learning that Stanford athletes had been training barefoot on the university's golf course, three of Nike's most innovative and creative employees set out to develop a shoe that felt natural and weightless, similar to bare feet. In 2002, they examined a group of men and women with pressure measuring insoles taped to their feet, using high-speed cameras to capture images of each foot in motion.
The team spent eight years studying the biomechanics of shoeless running. The results yielded a profound understanding of the foot's natural landing angle, pressure and toe position, allowing Nike designers to build an unconventional and flexible running shoe from the inside out.