Nike Free Run+ 3 Ext: Ultimate flexibility and impact protection
The Nike Free Run+ 3 Ext Men's Running Shoe offers a barefoot-like ride with the cushioning, traction and underfoot protection of a traditional shoe. It has a sculpted Phylite midsole that doubles as an outsole, reducing overall weight and increasing durability.
- Phylite midsole/outsole for durability and impact protection
- Breathable mesh and a multi-layer construction for a lightweight, skin-like fit
- Adaptive fit midfoot construction brings customizable comfort
- Waffle outsole pistons to help absorb impact and add responsiveness
- Abrasion-resistant carbon rubber under high-wear areas for enhanced durability
- Reflective Swoosh design trademark for enhanced visibility in low light
After learning that Stanford athletes had been training barefoot on the university's golf course, three of Nike's most innovative and creative employees set out to develop a shoe that felt natural and weightless, similar to bare feet. In 2002, they examined a group of men and women with pressure-measuring insoles taped to their feet, using high-speed cameras to capture images of each foot in motion.
The team spent eight years studying the biomechanics of shoeless running. The results yielded a profound understanding of the foot's natural landing angle, pressure and toe position, allowing Nike designers to build an unconventional and flexible running shoe from the inside out.
- Nike+ ready
- Weight: 8.7 ounces (men's size 10)