Nike Free Run+ 2 Liberty
Women's Running Shoe
The Nike Free Run+ 2 Liberty: Lightweight comfort with barefoot-like feel
The Nike Free Run+ 2 Liberty Women's Running Shoe is designed to maximize the foot's natural range of motion while providing protection and cushioning for a smooth ride. Part of Nike and Liberty of London's design collaboration series, this shoe features Liberty's iconic print for bold style.
- Nike Free construction for more natural movement and an extraordinary feel
- Combination textile upper with breathable mesh tongue for comfort
- Low-profile, Phylite midsole for a lightweight, resilient ride
- Strategically placed carbon rubber under high-wear areas for durability
One of Nike's most coveted collaborations, the design partnership with Liberty of London celebrates the legacy and evolution of the brand's running innovations over four remarkable decades of style. A range of heritage and modern Nike classics have been remixed with Liberty's iconic print for a touch of supernatural style.
Nike Free Origins
After learning that Stanford athletes had been training barefoot on the university's golf course, three of Nike's most innovative and creative employees set out to develop a shoe that felt natural and weightless, just like bare feet. In 2002, they examined a group of men and women with pressure-measuring insoles taped to their feet, using high-speed cameras to capture images of each foot in motion.
The team spent eight years studying the biomechanics of shoeless running. The results yielded a profound understanding of the foot's natural landing angle, pressure and toe position, allowing Nike designers to build an unconventional and flexible running shoe from the inside out.
- Asymmetrical lacing system to help reduce pressure over the top ridge of the foot
- Waffle lugs at the outsole for impact absorption and traction
- Nike+ ready