IMPOSSIBLY LIGHT. INCREDIBLY STRONG.
The Nike Flyknit Lunar2 Women's Running Shoe delivers the ideal blend of strength, support and comfort with an ultra-lightweight fit and soft, responsive Lunarlon cushioning.
The ultralight yet strong Flyknit upper is precisely engineered to deliver a comfortable and supportive fit. Made entirely of polyester yarn, it's a one-piece layer that's woven more openly in areas that need greater flexibility and tighter in areas that demand more support. The result is a formfitting and virtually seamless upper.
Sturdy Flywire cables wrap the midfoot for added support. They work with the Dynamic Fit system, integrating with the shoe's laces for a secure, locked-down fit that moves with you.
Lunarlon cushioning provides a soft and responsive ride, featuring a resilient foam core with a bottomless foam carrier for a plush, comfortable feel.
To construct the single-layer Flyknit upper, polyester yarn is fed into a proprietary knitting machine that creates little to no waste, making the shoe incredibly efficient to produce.
- Knit tongue integrated into the upper for enhanced comfort
- Pull tab on the heel for easy on and off
- Fitsole sockliner conforms to the shape of your foot for support
- Diamond-shaped cuts throughout the outsole for enhanced flexibility and cushioning
- Environmentally preferred rubber lugs on the outsole follow a forefoot pressure map for an efficient stride
- Reflective elements for enhanced visibility in low light
Nike Flyknit technology was inspired by feedback from runners seeking a shoe with an ultralight, second skin-like fit. Nike embarked on a four-year mission with teams of programmers, engineers and designers to create the technology needed to make the knit upper with static properties for structure and durability. Then the precise placement of support, flexibility and breathability-all in one layer-was refined, resulting in a featherweight and virtually seamless upper.