The Nike 650 Destroyer Jacket: Warm design, varsity style
Filled with plush down insulation, the Nike 650 Hooded Destroyer Men's Jacket is engineered for warmth and designed for classic style. Soft ribbing inside the external stand-up collar offers a snug fit for additional warmth and protection when the temperature drops.
- Stand-up collar with attached hood for warmth and protection from the elements
- Full zipper for easy on and off
- Zipper pockets at chest and sides for secure storage
- Rib cuffs and adjustable elastic hem for a snug fit
Back in 2006, Nike designers began a mission to re-craft iconic sports apparel in the most technical materials they could find. The ubiquitous American varsity jacket was an obvious choice for the experiment that would become Nike Sportswear. Raiding the All Conditions Gear (ACG) innovation cache, they found fabrics, laminates, and bonding methods that could brave nasty weather but still look fresh.
The first Nike letterman jacket was for an imaginary team called the Dunk High Destroyers, and limited numbers were produced. The next version got even more technical, but the Destroyer name stuck.
- Fabric: Body 100% polyester. Lining: 100% polyester. Fill: 75% grey goose down.
- Machine wash