The low collar of the KD IV has been extended to a mid-adding support yet maintaining the flexibility of a low-cut shoe-making it versatile and powerful for every position on the court.
Unlike its predecessor, the KD V features visible Max Air cushioning in the heel for maximum impact protection and a smooth ride.
In the forefoot, a Nike Zoom unit provides lightweight, low profile and responsive cushioning, while a Phylon midsole builds on the shoe's comfort.
The tongue and stretch lacing system integrate with the upper for a locked-down fit that moves naturally with the foot.
For total lockdown and support, the heel counter is fused to the midsole.
This shoe features Hyperfuse construction: three different layers of material fused together to create a nearly seamless one-piece upper. The result is zones of ventilation, durability and stability, right where you need them.
- Fewer layers of material for a better fit and feel
- Mesh panels for breathability
- Midfoot shank for stability and support
- Dynamic traction pattern for multidirectional movement
- Thin web rubber outsole for lightweight durability
- The initials WP to honor his parents, Wanda and Wayne Pratt
- The names Barbara and Tony to acknowledge his grandmother and brother
- Oklahoma, Seattle, Austin and Maryland area codes
- The nickname Big Chucky on the heel to remember his late childhood mentor and coach
- "Seat Pleasant's finest" to remember the Maryland rec center he played in as a kid
- 30.1, 27.7 and 28.0 to celebrate his scoring titles
Nike ZoomNike Zoom cushioning is part of the Nike Air family, and—like its siblings—it’s lightweight and durable. Because Nike Zoom cushioning is incredibly thin, it brings the foot closer to the ground and enhances stability, especially during quick cuts and multi-directional movements. After impact, the tightly stretched fibers inside the pressurized air unit quickly bounce back into shape, providing a super-responsive feel and improved awareness of the surface you’re playing on.
HyperfuseHyperfuse construction fuses three different layers of material using a hot-melt process, creating an unusually sturdy shoe with superior breathability. This breakthrough process provides a more consistent fit and almost completely eliminates stitching on the upper for a clean, modern finish. The base layer is made of a synthetic material to provide a supportive backing. In the middle, mesh offers lightweight breathability. And the top layer is made of Thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) film, which provides excellent durability.
Max AirPart of the Nike Air family, Max Air was designed to provide maximum impact protection during repetitive landings. Shoes with Max Air feature less midsole material and larger-volume airbags for lighter weight and maximum cushioning you can see.