The Nike Air Max 90: An icon with premium impact protection
A favourite on the playground and in the gym, the Nike Air Max 90 Boys' Shoe has a retro look and maximum cushioning for sport-inspired comfort and style throughout the day.
- Mesh at the tongue, toe and ankle areas for breathability and comfort
- Strategically placed overlays for added support and durability
- Max Air unit at heel for maximum impact protection and cushioning
- Solid rubber outsole with Waffle lug pattern for traction and durability
- Rolled edges for a cleaner, more streamlined look and finer detailing
- Flex grooves mirror the foot gait to enhance the natural motion
Nike's revolutionary Air-Sole unit made its way into Nike footwear in the late '70s. In 1987, the Nike Air Max debuted with visible air in its heel, allowing fans more than just the feel of Air-Sole comfort. Suddenly they could see it. And just a few years later, the next-generation Nike Air Max 90 became a hit with both athletes and collectors by offering striking colour combinations, lightweight performance and a cushioned ride.
Max AirMaximum impact cushioning. The brutal, repetitive, downward force of sport can wreak havoc on the body—and on performance. Max Air cushioning is specifically engineered to handle these impacts and provide protection. Max Air is big air designed to take a pounding.