The low collar of the KD IV has been extended to a mid-adding support yet maintaining the flexibility of a low-cut shoe-making it versatile and powerful for every position on the court.
Unlike its predecessor, the KD V features visible Max Air cushioning in the heel for maximum impact protection and a smooth ride.
In the forefoot, a Nike Zoom unit provides lightweight, low profile and responsive cushioning, while a Phylon midsole builds on the shoe's comfort.
The tongue and stretch lacing system integrate with the upper for a locked-down fit that moves naturally with the foot.
For total lockdown and support, the heel counter is fused to the midsole.
This shoe features Hyperfuse construction: three different layers of material fused together to create a nearly seamless one-piece upper. The result is zones of ventilation, durability and stability, right where you need them.
- Fewer layers of material for a better fit and feel
- Mesh panels for breathability
- Midfoot shank for stability and support
- Dynamic traction pattern for multidirectional movement
- Thin web rubber outsole for lightweight durability
- The initials WP to honor his parents, Wanda and Wayne Pratt
- The names Barbara and Tony to acknowledge his grandmother and brother
- Oklahoma, Seattle, Austin and Maryland area codes
- The nickname Big Chucky on the heel to remember his late childhood mentor and coach
- "Seat Pleasant's finest" to remember the Maryland rec center he played in as a kid
- 30.1, 27.7 and 28.0 to celebrate his scoring titles