The Nike Air Force 1 Mid: Legendary style, great cushioning
The legend lives on in the Nike Air Force 1 Mid 06 Boys' Shoe, which stays true to its roots with iconic style, high-profile ankle support and Nike Air for all-day comfort and long-lasting wear.
- Leather and textile upper for premium durability and fit
- Metal tag on the laces with "AF-1 '82" honoring the shoe's debut
- Nike Air cushioning for a comfortable ride
The Nike Air Force 1 Mid features a mid-top with adjustable strap for ankle protection and a customised fit. Overlays on the upper add support and durability, while perforations at the toe and midfoot enhance ventilation to help keep feet dry and comfortable. The traditional encapsulated Nike Air unit remains, providing lightweight cushioning and impact protection.
Transcending foot coverage since 1982, this once hoops shoe was named after Air Force One--the aircraft that carries the U.S. President. It was the first basketball shoe to house Nike Air, revolutionising the game for players like Moses Malone and Charles Barkley while rapidly gaining traction around the world, from the hardwood to the blacktop to the core of hip-hop culture. Today the Air Force 1 stays true to its roots with soft, springy cushioning and a massive midsole, but the Nike Air technology takes a backseat to the shoe's status as an icon.
- Non-marking rubber outsole for traction and durability
- Pivot points in the forefoot and heel for smooth transitions in all directions