The Nike Free Run+ 2: Barefoot-like fit plus protection
The supportive yet flexible Nike Free Run+ 2 Men's Running Shoe flexes naturally with the foot, offers excellent traction and has an ultra-lightweight fit.
- Combination mesh and textile upper reinforced with lightweight, strong synthetic strips for durability and support
- Inner-sleeve for a snug fit and enhanced breathability
- Fused Phylite midsole and outsole for an ultra-lightweight, resilient ride
- Deep flex grooves along the outsole for a natural range of motion and flexibility
After learning that Stanford athletes had been training barefoot on the university's golf course, three of Nike's most innovative and creative employees set out to develop a shoe that felt natural and weightless, just like bare feet. In 2002, they examined a group of men and women with pressure-measuring insoles taped to their feet, using high-speed cameras to capture images of each foot in motion.
The team spent eight years studying the biomechanics of shoeless running. The results yielded a profound understanding of the foot's natural landing angle, pressure and toe position, allowing Nike designers to build an unconventional and flexible running shoe from the inside out.
- Asymmetrical lacing system to help reduce pressure over the top ridge of the foot
- Waffle lugs at the outsole for impact absorption and traction
- Nike+ ready